When You Don’t Have Hope
1. What is the difference between a miracle and providence?
2. What are some reasons we fail to see God’s hand in the “ordinary” events of our lives?
3. Think of something that “happened” in your life that illustrates God’s providence (perhaps a person you just “happened” to meet that turned out to be a wonderful God-given friend, or a job opportunity you just “happened” to hear about at the right time, etc.). Then share that with the group as an occasion of thanksgiving to God.
4. How is the faith of Boaz, Ruth, and Naomi on display in this chapter? What are some specific ways we can display our faith at work?
5. What principles from this chapter would you use to encourage someone who was struggling financially?