Peace for the Anxious
1. Is it always prideful to make plans for the future? How do Proverbs 6:6-11 and James 4:13-17 apply to this topic?
2. Why does Jesus’ command to “take no thought for your life” not suggest abandoning your responsibilities? How does a believing Christian discern between responsibilities and distractions?
3. Sometimes feelings of anxiety are related to hurts in the past; can you think of examples? How might Philippians 3:13-14 help someone who is in this situation?
4. Explain how Isaiah 26:3 and Philippians 4:6-8 connect how we feel with how we think. Discuss some specific truths an anxious person can “renew their mind” with.
5. In Luke 10:38-42, Jesus used the example of Mary (who was calmly focused on Christ) to teach Martha (who was distracted and anxious) the value of spending time with Him. How can we “seek the kingdom of God” in 2019? Discuss methods, benefits, etc.